Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Setup - Day 9

Today we where able to create the frame for the Toys for Tots banner out of PVC 1/2" piping and mount the banner to the frame. The banner will be a two part project consisting of a candy cane post with a globe on top. I purchase the globe from Lowes for $5.00 and the post was made from
rain gutter down pipe (Didn't have any PVC that large, sometimes you have to use what you have and make it work) A square coupling was used to mount the round base to the post, I did have to create a coupling for the coupling that would allow for the round-to-square mounting. The candy cane stripping was quite easy, done with masking tape and a good eye and some paint.

Finished another letter to the 'Merry Christmas' sign, only one letter left to gold leaf then I will be able to figure out how to mount and illuminate the message.





Still have not worked on the light bars for the windows, I will have to spend time this weekend resolving and finishing all pending issues on this project.

Our web site traffic is going through the roof, we have exceeded Septembers numbers by the 10th day of November, it will be exciting to see how far we pass October. I can only guess what the number will do when the signs with the web address are placed in the display along with the voice overs giving the web address.

Our annual press release for print media will be sent out next week, last year we had some very nice articles done by both the Antelope valley Press and the Daily News, unfortunately I was only able to capture a copy of the AV article. I'm a little concerned about traffic this year, I really don't want to irritate my neighbors, so I have designed a couple of different schedules that will assist with the traffic should I need it.

No comments: