Thursday, November 16, 2006

Setup - Day 11

Today we had another productive day working on the display, but I did not meet my demanding schedule that was created, missed one line item, So now I will have to pick that item up on Friday. I am still scheduled for a dry run this Sunday, meaning everything is done and the show is ready..........Then I can start on next year.

I was able to complete the Light post tonight, I am extremely pleased how it turned out, I mounted the Toys for Tots banner on the post. The light post will be displayed behind a collection box, helping to illuminate the box and the sign.

The post was created from 2-1/2" rain gutter down pipe, a $5.00 light fixture was placed on top and I used an old brake rotor for the base. The post was painted just by taping off everything that didn't look like a candy cane, the rotor was painted red and pin stripped with silver paint.


Chris and I got the Ginger Bread house, boy and girl down, put together and tested. We bought this several years ago at Sams Club, I still get a kick out of this unit. Chris tested all the rain deer tonight, he had to replace several lights in each deer. My original plan this year was to replace the lights and clips, I ordered several hundred clips earlier this year for this project, unfortunately the clips I ordered where the wrong size, so we will do with what we have this year.


Tonight I finished gilding the last letter to the 'Merry Christmas' sign, tomorrow I will pin stripe and place the final sealant on the letter and be on my way to figuring a way to hang them.

No comments: