Monday, November 13, 2006

Setup - Day 8

Today is day eight of our setup, a lot has happened in the last week, I was actually hoping I would have been a little further, but glad to be at this point rather than further behind.

Today was back to work, ARGH! so my time on the display will be a matter of hours per day, I will have to organize to get things completed in time. I Installed the controllers today, must say they look handsome in their home (it's a guy thing!)

We did get all the bush net lighting installed yesterday, eventhough we still had to make another run to K-Mart for three more nets. 40 bushes total, the upper bushes by the house will be controlled in color groups and the lower bushes at the street will be controller in color groups also, but separate from the upper, I have sequenced a song specifically for this effect "Disney's - Electrical Light Parade", I can't wait to see it live.

I took the wire I bought from Lowes and was able to make two 65 foot feeder cords from it, still a great deal I got on this wire. It will come in handy powering up the third controller.


Currently we have 8,500 lights installed with 300' of rope light, another 300' of 4 channel C9's and a few other things not counted. Looks like we will be breaking 10,000 lights this year, I hoping the additional controllers will allow for power savings, since we will have less lights that are 'Always On' and when they are it will be even less than last year. I sold Laura on the idea last year that we can save on electricity because of the controller and come to find out we actually spent $150.00 more than the previous year............I blamed it on the rate hikes!

No comments: