Thursday, November 23, 2006

Setup - Day 17

I'm getting tired, soon I can rest.

Today we finished the wiring the bushes and the static part of the display. We ran a few test just to make sure everything worked, no glitches. We had to make several custom SP2 cords, glad I had another 250' of wire. 40 bushes wired for lights independently, it's a really cool sight to see.

I wanted to count the footage of all the cord we have placed into the display, but I forgot to keep track......darn it, now I have to go through the yard and estimate or wait until the first of the year when we take things down again.

Worked on the backboard for the Merry Christmas sign, I think we have a winner. Cut the board and primed. Ran a few test colors Green vs. White, we are going with the white background with forest green trim. The MERRY part will be on an arc while the CHRISTMAS will remain straight.......That's the thought, nothing is final until it's done. I took more pictures tonight but somehow the camera is not recording to the memory stick, I'm sure my three sons would have nothing to do with this...........

We received a call from Channel 3 news, our local cable new station, I'm guessing someone forwarded the press release to them, he had quite a bit of information regarding the display that we discussed. They would like to do a weather report from our front yard in the next week. I wonder if I can hire one of the camera men to come back and tape the display.

We have also received inquiries from producers for shows on TLC and HGTV, unable to make their cut, either their schedule or mine would prevent the taping, maybe next year.

I think Chris is plum tuckered out with working on the display, he wants too, but I thinks he wants to go off and play, I guess enough is enough for him.

tomorrow, we will install the Candy Canes, work on the back board and try t install the final lights, I'm hoping to get another sequence done also.

Rick Williams
Quartz Hill Christmas
www.QuartzHillChristmas.com

No comments: