Sunday, November 19, 2006

Setup - Day 13

PANIC sets in!
Wow! What a day, sure glad it is over. If you read yesterdays post, maybe you remember that I came up short on my power feeds to the controllers, well I did and the full realization set it and I was not pleased, how could I have missed this?
I searched all the retail online flyers for pre-made 10/3 cables, bet price I could find was $ 99.00 per 100 feet and I needed 300 feet. So I went through my options again and thought of a few new ideas that would resolve this problem, but I still returned back to buying pre made extension cords other than returning to a single controller. After doing a little research I decided to go with 12/3 cable (15 AMP) with the assumption that I would not be drawing 20 Amps for more than a split second which should not heat the cable to much.
So I talked with Laura (She's not really happy with me now) After some more research I found that I could purchase 12/3 for about $ 50.00 per cable and I needed about $ 20.00 worth of other electrical supplies to complete the circuits. So I made it to Lowes for my supplies and returned home to start on my task.........ARGH!!!!!........Well I bought compression couplings instead of compression connectors, back to Lowes (20 minutes away) to get the right parts. Well now it's dark and I can't do anything. Sunday this will be resolved.
The Merry Christmas letters are complete, I will cut the mounting strips on Sunday and put them on the wall. I am very pleased with this projects outcome and it will look great once installed.

Rick Williams
Quartz Hill Christmas
www.QuartzHillChristmas.com

No comments: