Friday, November 17, 2006

Setup - Day 12

Today started off really good, I arrived home from work and started in on my to-do list. pinstripped and sealed the last letter to the 'Merry Christmas' sign.

I started to lay down the lateral power line to the lights farthest away from the controllers only to realize I need 120' per color (5 Colors) and I only have two cords this long, not a big problem.

I move on to running the main power lines only to find out I do not have enough 10/3 AWG cable...............I just bought 126'............Then I realized that I needed around 125' per circuit (3 controllers - 6 circuits). Now I am worried, I really didn't think about this, I have enough for 3 circuits and now I have to buy another 375' of 10/3 at about $1.39 foot..................Uhmmmm dear, honey, love, I made a mistake.......sorta! Now I'm in a panic, quickly evaluating my options;
  • Buy more power cable - Ouch!
  • Check main panel - room for 6 breakers - O.K. a possibility, but very time consuming.
  • Tap into the pool line (100 Amp) that is next to the controllers - time consuming also.
  • Move the controllers to 60' closer to the power source - possibility of theft - will need more 16/3 cables for laterals

What it really comes down to is time then money, I will have to check pricing again on 12/3 cable to see if this will be possible.

Due to the stated problem I was unable to address the light bars again, I just might have to scrap this project and try to slip it in later.

Other than that I had a great day, now I'm a little more behind schedule....TGIF!

No comments: