Monday, November 14, 2011

November 2011

November 11, 2011

Welcome back! Our holiday season has started on Manzanita Drive! We began setting up the display two weeks ago, actually we started prepping the yard two weeks ago, have to edge the grass, trim the bushes, and rake the leaves before we began.

As of today most of the house elements are up, the controllers have been installed, we have yet to set the yard display up……..I’m not sure why, but I sort of feel funny this year putting Rudolph in the yard before Thanksgiving. Our goal is to light it up on Black Friday.

Not many noticeable changes will be seen this year as it has been very tight on funds, and the free time has been used in more needing places. We are trying to finish a few new songs, and toying on the idea of five – 7’ Christmas trees that I bought last year, we have the channels available, it’s just a matter of available time to get them programmed and installed.

After a system hard drive crash of our display server, we finally did get it rebuilt, and all the data was recovered 100% from the faulty hard drive…..good thing I’m in the business as I have the tools to recover the data….it’s not like I didn’t have backups, I always make annual show media backups, I just can’t remember the safe place I put them in, age sucks!

We upgraded our sequencing software this year to 3.x, some great changes as it will make sequencing that much more productive.

Well, that’s all for now, check back soon.

No comments: